Terms & Conditions
1.THE CONTRACT for a short-term holiday rental will be between the Tuck Mill Barns owners (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) in the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have processed the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and the booking form must list names, addresses and ages of your party.
2. PAYMENT: Bookings are CONFIRMED on receipt of the deposit of 1/3 of the holiday cost. The deposit must be paid within 5 days of booking being placed. The balance of the rental will be due for payment TWO CALENDAR MONTHS prior to the holiday commencement date and we reserve the right to cancel a holiday where payment has not been received 2 calendar months before the commencement date. If the booking is made within 2 calendar months of the holiday start date the full rental will be required. If the booking is made within 14 days of the arrival date, full payment must be received within 24 hours of placing the booking. No entry to properties will be allowed without payment, in full, being cleared beforehand. Once you have a confirmed booking, (for clarity when you have paid the deposit), you are responsible for the full rental cost even if you subsequently cancel.
3. CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and confirmed in writing by recorded delivery.
In the event of cancellation, Guests may be due a partial refund which is dependent on when notice of cancellation is given to us before the holiday start date. The refund is calculated as follows:
• Less than 21 days notice – No refund due
• 22-35 days notice – 10% of the total accommodation cost
• 36-49 days notice – 20% of the total accommodation cost
• 50-63 days notice – 40% of the total accommodation cost
• More than 63 days notice – the Guest's liability for the remainder of the balance will be waived or the balance refunded if this has been paid previously.
If a refund is due it will be paid within 10 working days of cancellation.
Where a Booking has been taken with a deposit which is less than our standard Deposit (of 1/3 of the total accommodation cost plus Booking Fee), the Guest will, upon cancellation, be liable to pay the difference between the reduced deposit and our standard Deposit.
4. CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but we strongly recommend such insurance to protect against the cancellation penalty.
5. CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE): If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure“) you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
6. PERIOD OF HIRE: You should not arrive before 4pm on the commencement date, and leave by 10am on the day of departure. Failure to do so will result in you being charged a further day’s rental. You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
7. NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY: Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated on the Tuck Mill Barns website occupy the property. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Any persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities at Tuck Mill Barns.
8. LIABILITY: Tuck Mill Barns, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
9. CARE OF THE PROPERTY: You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. Smoking is not allowed in any of the properties.
10. DAMAGES & BREAKAGES: You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. If you lose a key we will replace it upon you paying for the cutting of a new one.
11. WIFI: Wi-Fi is provided for the guest’s reasonable use. It is rural broadband and has limitations. The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
12. RIGHT OF ENTRY: We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
13. COMPLAINTS: Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.
14. DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT: We treat any data collected during the course of making bookings or dealing with enquiries in strict confidence.
15. PRIVATE CHEFS: We do not allow private chefs to use the facilities at Tuck Mill Barns unless specifically by prior agreement with ourselves.
16. PETS: We only allow dogs, and only when have they been booked in and paid for. (£20 per dog, per stay/per cottage entered). In order to maintain our luxury holiday barns for everyone to enjoy, it is necessary that guests bringing dog(s) agree to these conditions.
Additional Terms and Condition for guests bringing their dog(s)
On arrival please keep your dog(s) on the lead while you unpack and get your bearings. It’ll take a few minutes to get to know the site and where the walks are.
There will be other guests, other dogs and animals on site so you must keep your dog(s) on a lead in the courtyard, and around the other properties, this means keeping them on the lead when you first set out for your walk. Once they’re out in the designated fields they can be off the lead as much as you like provided they are under your control. They must not chase any livestock or wildlife. We will ask that any dog seen chasing or harassing livestock is removed from the farm immediately.
Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms, but are allowed on the sofas provided that you use the throws provided and keep the dog from contact with the soft furnishings. We can provide stair gates in the cottages which will help control where the dog(s) can wander in the cottages. We will have to levy an extra cleaning charge if they have been on the beds or on the uncovered sofas and damaged sheets will have to be paid for.
To avoid yellow patches on the lawns we provide you with “doggy rocks” to go in the water bowls. Please use these, they are not harmful to your dog but will protect our lawns.
You must let us know in advance if you’re intending on bringing your dog(s). All dogs must be booked in by prior agreement. Any dogs that have not been booked in may not be allowed to stay and you will need to book them into a local kennel. All dog(s) will be charged at £20 per dog per stay, per cottage.
Your dog(s) must not be left alone with free run of the property.
We regret that dogs that bark continuously are not allowed at Tuck Mill Barns. They will disturb the other guests.
When you bring a muddy dog back from a walk, please clean them off using the outside tap and the coloured canine towels provided. Please on no account use the white towels provided for human use.
Poo patrol! When you take your dogs for a walk, please pick up after your dog(s) including in our fields, as these are open to all guests. Please dispose of poo in the outside grey-bin, whatever the weather. We provide free poo bags for doggy use, so please use them.
The Countryside Code must be followed so please keep your dog(s) under close control at all times for their own safety as well as the comfort of others.
Please give the cottage a basic clean, and remove as much of the dog hair as possible; if properties require serious additional cleaning we will have to charge a £50 fee to cover the cost.